About this book
Even economically successful automatic speech dialog systems often enough gain bad reputation in public opinion. Although from a technical point of view this judgment may seem unjustified because of the technical maturing process in recent years. However, this book is based on the fact that it is the usersâ€™ judgments that is the final measure regarding usability and acceptance of any speech dialog system.
It is the aim of this book to share views from experts from industry and academia who look a step ahead, providing their strategies and approaches for the future of user-friendly speech dialog systems.
Contributions spotlight issues such as automatic user classification, uncovering usersâ€™ interaction schemes, speech interaction as part of multimodal user interfaces, relation of subjective and objective data, and the role of voice and style in designing a brand specific acoustic appearance
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-78343-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-78342-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-78343-5
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Buy this book on publisher's site