Table of contents
About this book
Angiogenesis is attracting increased scientific and clinical interest. The identification of novel mediators and targeting molecules has led to significant progress in our understanding of tumor angiogenesis and tumor vessel targeting. Important advances in cancer treatment have already emerged, and in the future, blood vessel targeting will play a significant role within individualized therapeutic strategies.
This volume provides a general overview of the latest developments in angiogenesis inhibition in cancer. All aspects from the bench to the bedside are considered, with detailed attention both to basic research and to its translation into clinical practice. Individual chapters are devoted to the roles of angiopoietins, HIF-1a, chemokines, PDGF and VEGF, and vascular integrins. The latest results of clinical trials on therapeutic compounds are presented, and various advanced targeting strategies are discussed. This book will be invaluable to all who wish to learn of the most recent advances in research and treatment in this exciting field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-78281-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-78280-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-78281-0
- Series Print ISSN 0080-0015
- Buy this book on publisher's site