About this book
This book provides a comprehensive account of flood warning, forecasting and emergency response processes, including techniques for predicting the development of flood events and for issuing appropriate warnings. Topics such as telemetry and information systems, flood warning economics, and river and coastal monitoring are also discussed. This book brings together many aspects of this interesting multidisciplinary topic and will serve as a valuable reference for researchers, policy makers and engineers.
Kevin Sene is a civil engineer and researcher whose experience includes developing flood warning and forecasting investment strategies, writing best practice guidelines in flood forecasting, and designing operational systems. With more than 20 years of experience, he has published some 45 scientific and conference papers on topics in hydrology, hydrometeorology and hydraulics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-77853-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-77852-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-77853-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site