Table of contents
About this book
Since their very inception, both fuzzy and rough set theories have earned a sound, well-deserved reputation owing to their intrinsic capabilities to model uncertainty coming from the real world. The increasing amount of investigations on both subjects reported every year in the literature vouches for the dynamics of the area and its rapid advancements.
In the last few years the widespread utilization of fuzzy and rough sets as granulation sources has contributed to lay both methodologies in a privileged position within Granular Computing, thus giving rise to a sort a modeling which is far closer to the way human beings perceive their environment – via granulated knowledge.
This volume is a compilation of the best papers presented at the First International Symposium on Fuzzy and Rough Sets (ISFUROS 2006) held in Santa Clara, Cuba. You will therefore find valuable contributions both in the theoretical field as in several application domains such as intelligent control, data analysis, decision making and machine learning, just to name a few. Together, they will catch you up with the huge potential of the aforementioned methodologies.
- Book Title Granular Computing: At the Junction of Rough Sets and Fuzzy Sets
- Series Title Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-76973-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-76972-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-09568-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-76973-6
- Series ISSN 1434-9922
- Series E-ISSN 1860-0808
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 335
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Mathematical and Computational Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site