About this book
Bioinformatics involve the creation and advancement of algorithms using techniques including computational intelligence, applied mathematics and statistics, informatics, and biochemistry to solve biological problems usually on the molecular level. Major research efforts in the field include sequence analysis, gene finding, genome annotation, protein structure alignment analysis and prediction, prediction of gene expression, protein-protein docking/interactions, and the modeling of evolution.
This book deals with the application of computational intelligence in bioinformatics. Addressing the various issues of bioinformatics using different computational intelligence approaches is the novelty of this edited volume.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-76803-6
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-76802-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-76803-6
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- About this book