About this book
This book describes new methods for building intelligent systems using type-2 fuzzy logic and soft computing techniques. Soft Computing (SC) consists of several computing paradigms, including type-1 fuzzy logic, neural networks, and genetic algorithms, which can be used to create powerful hybrid intelligent systems. The authors extends the use of fuzzy logic to a higher order, which is called type-2 fuzzy logic. Combining type-2 fuzzy logic with traditional SC techniques, we can build powerful hybrid intelligent systems that can use the advantages that each technique offers. We consider in this book the use of type-2 fuzzy logic and traditional SC techniques to solve pattern recognition problems in realworld applications.
This book is intended to be a major reference for scientists and engineers interested in applying type-2 fuzzy logic for solving problems in pattern recognition, intelligent control, intelligent manufacturing, robotics and automation. This book can also be used as a textbook or major reference for graduate courses like the following: soft computing, intelligent pattern recognition, computer vision, applied artificial intelligence, and similar ones.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-76284-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-76283-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-76284-3
- Series Print ISSN 1434-9922
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0808
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking