About this book
Medical Informatics (MI) is an emerging interdisciplinary science that deals with clinical health-related information, its structure, acquisition and use. MI is grounded in the principles of computer science, computational intelligence, as well as the clinical and basic sciences. This book deals with the application of computational intelligence in medical informatics. Addressing the various issues of medical informatics using different computational intelligence approaches is the novelty of this edited volume. This volume comprises of 15 chapters' including an introductory chapter giving the fundamental definitions and some important research challenges.
Chapters were selected on the basis of fundamental ideas/concepts rather than the thoroughness of techniques deployed.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-75767-2
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-75766-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-75767-2
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- About this book