Table of contents
About this book
Space flight is a comprehensive and innovative part of technology. It encompasses many fields of technology. This monograph presents a cross section of the total field of expertise that is called "space flight".
It provides insight into the design, construction and analysis aspects of spacecraft. Spacecraft includes satellites as well as launch vehicles, with a distinction between manned or unmanned. The International Space Station (ISS), Russian
MIR, the American shuttle and the European Spacelab are examples of manned space flight, whereas communication satellites for radio and television and meteorological satellites are examples of unmanned space flight.
The Emphasis of this book is put on unmanned space flight, particularly on the construction of spacecraft rather than the construction of launch vehicles. The nature of the satellite is dependent on the task that is set for that satellite.
- Book Title Spacecraft Structures
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-75553-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-75552-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-09477-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-75553-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 504
- Number of Illustrations 199 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Aerospace Technology and Astronautics
Vibration, Dynamical Systems, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site