Table of contents
About this book
The current shift in demographics – aging and shrinking populations – in many countries around the world presents a major challenge to companies and societies alike. One particularly essential implication is the emergence and constant growth of the so-called “silver market”, the market segment more or less broadly defined as those people aged 55 and older. Increasing in number and share of the total population while at the same time being relatively well-off, this market segment can be seen as very attractive and promising, although still very underdeveloped in terms of product and service offerings.
This book offers a thorough and up-to-date analysis of the challenges and opportunities in leveraging innovation, technology, product development and marketing for elder consumers and employees. Key lessons are drawn from the Japanese lead market as well as other select countries.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-75331-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-75330-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-75331-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site