About this book
The challenging circumstances surrounding pediatric patients in nephrology are oftentimes very different from those in adult patients, especially in the ICU. Starting with a logical approach to each individual problem as seen in the ICU, this comprehensive book covers the pathophysiology of the child, the diagnostic approach and gives valuable up-to-date treatment recommendations.
Each renal disorder and disease entity is covered with:
- An overview of the physiology and pathophysiology
- A focus on unique and frequently challenging circumstances of pediatric patients
- State-of-the-art medical management guidelines based on evidence and expert opinion
Physicians and health-care providers in all areas of care and all levels of training will find this unique book helpful. Those new to the field can use it as a beginner’s guide to become familiar with certain topics, and those more advanced in their medical career will gain useful hints and find updated information on specific clinical disease entities.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-74425-2
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-74423-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-74425-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site