About this book
Non-hazardous waste materials and by-products which are mostly landfilled can be used in making concrete and similar construction materials. This book gives a summary of this usage: one chapter is devoted to each material, comprising an introduction, chemical and physical properties, usage potential, and the impact of the material on the various properties of concrete.
The waste materials and by-products covered in the book are; granulated blast furnace slag, metakaolin, waste and recycled plastics, scrap-tire, waste glass, coal fly ash, rice husk ash, municipal solid waste ash, wood ash, volcanic ash, cement kiln dust and foundry sand.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-74294-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-74293-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-74294-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site