About this book
About the Author
Deepak Vohra is an Oracle Certified Associate and a Sun Certified Java Programmer. Deepak has published in Oracle Magazine, OTN, IBM developerWorks, ONJava. WebLogic Developer’s Journal, the XML Journal, the Java Developer’s Journal, FTPOnline, and devX. Deepak has an M.S. Degree in mechanical engineering from Southern Illinois University.
Features and Benefits
Ruby on Rails is compared with PHP and Java.
Commonly used technologies such as Ajax, Web Services and LDAP are used with Ruby on Rails.
Example applications are provided that may be modified to suit a developer’s application.
Ruby on Rails is configured with commonly used databases: the MySQL database server, the Oracle database and the SQL Server database.
A Ruby on Rails application is hosted on a Ruby on Rails web host.
Ruby on Rails for PHP and Java Developers
The web framework Ruby on Rails for developing database based web applications provides a Model-View-Controller framework. The required web server WEBrick is included with Ruby on Rails. The framework is configured with the MySQL database by default, but may be configured with another database.
The book covers developing web applications with Ruby on Rails. Technologies discussed include Ajax, directory services, and web services. A comparison is made with PHP, the most commonly used scripting language for developing web applications.
- Book Title Ruby on Rails for PHP and Java Developers
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-73145-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-540-73144-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-73145-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 394
- Number of Illustrations 202 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
- Buy this book on publisher's site