About this book
This comprehensive summary of the current state of the art of titanium addresses, in varying levels of detail, all aspects of titanium, including: basic characteristics and physical metallurgy, the extractive metallurgy, the various production processes, the correlations between processing, microstructure and properties, and all aspects of applications including economic ones. The book covers commercially pure (CP) titanium, alpha + beta and beta alloys, as well as titanium based intermetallics and titanium matrix composites. Richly illustrated with more than 300 figures, this compendium takes a conceptual approach to the physical metallurgy and applications of titanium, making it suitable as a reference and tutorial for materials scientists and engineers.
In this Second Edition the authors included new information on topics that have emerged after the First Edition was completed and published in 2003.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-73036-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-71397-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-73036-1
- Series Print ISSN 1619-0181
- Buy this book on publisher's site