About this book
Written by renowned experts from Australia, Canada, the United States, Asia, and Europe, Telesurgery explains technical issues, digital information processing, and provides collective experiences from practitioners in different parts of the world who perform a wide range of telesurgery applications. This includes transatlantic telesurgery and telesurgery for urology, brachytherapy, Heller myotomy, etc. There are numerous graphics and clinical photographs throughout, which illustrate and illuminate the text well, providing high-quality visual reference material.
Telesurgery lays the foundation for the globalization of surgical procedures, making possible the ability of a surgeon located in one part of the world to operate on a patient located in another.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-72999-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-72998-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-72999-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site