About this book
Many advances have been made recently in metaheuristic methods, from theory to applications. The editors, both leading experts in this field, have assembled a team of researchers to contribute 21 chapters organized into parts on simulated annealing, tabu search, ant colony algorithms, general-purpose studies of evolutionary algorithms, applications of evolutionary algorithms, and various metaheuristics.
The book gathers contributions related to the following topics: theoretical developments in metaheuristics; adaptation of discrete metaheuristics to continuous optimization; performance comparisons of metaheuristics; cooperative methods combining different approaches; parallel and distributed metaheuristics for multiobjective optimization; software implementations; and real-world applications.
This book is suitable for practitioners, researchers and graduate students in disciplines such as optimization, heuristics, operations research, and natural computing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-72960-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-72959-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-72960-0
- Series Print ISSN 1619-7127
- Buy this book on publisher's site