Table of contents
About this book
The service-oriented approach has become more and more popular, now allowing highly integrated and yet heterogeneous applications. Web services are the natural evolution of conventional middleware technologies to support Web-based and enterprise-level integration.
The highly dynamic characteristics of service-oriented applications means their validation is a continuous process that often runs in parallel with execution. It is not possible to clearly distinguish between the predeployment validation of a system and its use, nor is it possible to guarantee that the checks passed at a certain time will be passed at a later time and in the actual execution environment as well.
Baresi and Di Nitto have put together the first reference on all aspects of testing and validating service-oriented architectures, taking into account these inherent intricacies. The contributions by leading academic and industrial research groups are structured into four parts on: static analysis to acquire insight into how the system is supposed to work; testing techniques to sample its actual behavior; monitoring to probe its operational performance; and nonfunctional requirements like reliability and trust.
This monograph is an initial source of knowledge for researchers in both academia and industry in the field of service-oriented architecture validation and verification approaches. They will find a comprehensive survey of state-of-the-art approaches as well as techniques and tools to improve the quality of service-oriented applications.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Test and Analysis of Web Services
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-72912-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-72911-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-09200-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-72912-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 478
- Number of Illustrations 140 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
System Performance and Evaluation
- Buy this book on publisher's site