About this book
Strangeness nuclear physics bears a broad impact on contemporary physics since it lies at the intersection of nuclear and elementary particle physics, having, moreover, significant implications to the astrophysics of compact objects.
This set of extensive lectures presents a balanced theoretical and experimental introduction to, and survey of, the field, addressing topics such as the production and spectroscopy of strange nuclear systems, modern approaches to the hyperon-nucleon interaction, and weak decays of hypernuclei.
With new experiments underway, this burgeoning research field is well served by this tutorial primer and review for both newcomers and seasoned researchers alike
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-72039-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-72038-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-72039-3
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment