About this book
The World Market for Natural Gas – Implications for Europe analyses the main issues for the gas industry: reserves, production, demand, infrastructures, prices, market leaders and regulation.
After an introductory chapter, the book analyses the evolution of gas reserves and production from world and regional perspectives with a focus on rising and declining countries. Past and future trends of world and regional gas demand are explained with a focus on the European power sector. The most important pipelines, regasification and liquefaction infrastructures are discussed in detail. Natural gas prices are examined with respect to the oil linkage, the role of speculation, and the impact of taxation. After a discussion of market leaders and clusters, the book ends with some conclusions about gas regulation in Europe and possible reforms.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-68208-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-68200-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-68208-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site