About this book
From the Reviews:
"Gihman and Skorohod have done an excellent job of presenting the theory in its present state of rich imperfection."
D.W. Stroock in Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, 1980
"To call this work encyclopedic would not give an accurate picture of its content and style. Some parts read like a textbook, but others are more technical and contain relatively new results. ... The exposition is robust and explicit, as one has come to expect of the Russian tradition of mathematical writing. The set when completed will be an invaluable source of information and reference in this ever-expanding field"
K.L. Chung in American Scientist, 1977
"..., the subject has grown enormously since 1953, and there will never be a true successor to Doob's book, but Gihman and Skorohod's three volumes will, I think, occupy a rather similar position as an invaluable tool of reference for all probability theorists. ... The dominant impression is of the authors' mastery of their material, and of their confident insight into its underlying structure. ..."
J.F.C. Kingman in Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, 1977
- Book Title The Theory of Stochastic Processes III
- Series Title Classics in Mathematics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-49941-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-540-49940-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-49941-1
- Series ISSN 1431-0821
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 387
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Reprint of the 1974 Edition (Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Vol. 232)
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site