Table of contents
About this book
In this fifth edition all chapters have been revised and updated. The chapters on Polymer and Fiber Integrated Optics, Optical Amplifiers, Micro-Optical-Electro-Mechanical Devices, and Photonic and Microwave Wireless Systems are completely new.
Problems help the students to deepen their knowledge.
- Book Title Integrated Optics
- Book Subtitle Theory and Technology
- Series Title Advanced Texts in Physics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-38843-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-43341-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-12096-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-38843-2
- Series ISSN 1439-2674
- Edition Number 5
- Number of Pages XXII, 446
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published as monograph
Optics, Lasers, Photonics, Optical Devices
Electronics and Microelectronics, Instrumentation
Microwaves, RF and Optical Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews of the fifth edition:
"This book is a success. Already the fifth edition is now edited including four new chapters...By reading this book, scientists, engineers, students, and engineering managers can obtain an overall view of the theory and the most recent technology in integrated optics."
Praise for Hunsperger's, Intergrated Optics
"The text is comprehensive enough for an introductory course in integrated optics, yet concise enough to be easily readable by the practicing engineer. Well-organized, with references and an index, the book is suitable for use as a classroom text or a specialist's reference."
"This book is a success. … The book is an outgrowth of a graduate level, single-semester course in integrated optics … . Illustrations and references from technical journals have been used to demonstrate the relevance of the theory to currently important topics in industry. By reading this book, scientists, engineers, students, and engineering managers can obtain an overall view of the theory and the most recent technology in integrated optics. This book should not be missed in any libraries and laboratories dealing with modern optics." (K. Kraemer, Optik, Vol. 114 (2), 2003)