About this book
Neuregulins are EGF-like growth and differentiation factors that interact with tyrosine kinase receptors of the ErbB family. this signailing system has a wide range of functions during development of the nervous system, the heart, and the mammary gland. Furthermore, Neuregulin signals are also involved in the development of human diseases including breast cancer, heart disease and the pathogenesis of schizophrenia.
This monograph reviews the biology of Neuregulins and their receptors and summarizes recent research, which has established crucial functions of this signaling system during development and disease.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-37107-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-37105-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-37107-6
- Series Print ISSN 0301-5556
- Buy this book on publisher's site