About this book
The explosion of interactive multimedia products on the Internet, via the World Wide Web, has generated an immense interest in these products. The approach to producing interactive multimedia mapping products is quite unique and there has been an upsurge of interest in developing methodologies that best exploit both the technology and communication effectiveness of multimedia mapping. The various sections of this book cover the theoretical backgrounds, applications and future developments of Multimedia Cartography.
This second edition of Multimedia Cartography includes updated applications areas that are Internet-focussed. Since the release of Edition 1 in 1999 the focus of the delivery of Multimedia Cartography applications now includes the World Wide Web and mobile services, as well as discrete media. New chapters in the book reflect this.
As well, the book includes additional chapters on 3D applications and Virtual Reality applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-36651-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-36650-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-36651-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site