Table of contents
About these proceedings
This book is loaded with rich and stimulating articles by a roster of brilliant scholars, reflecting some recent trends in the frontier research of geomechanics. This collection of 32 contributions stems from an international workshop on "Modern Trends of Geomechanics" held in Vienna. The contributions span a wide range of topics and an enormous range of physical scales, from micromechanics at grain scale to engineering problems at large scale; from laboratory and field testing over constitutive modelling to numerical analysis.
The key features of this book are: thermodynamics, multiphase continua and transport phenomena; constitutive modelling, localized bifurcation, micropolar theory, unsaturated soil, viscous and cyclic behaviour; numerical and analytical methods; discrete element method, micromechanics, grain crushing and damage; laboratory and field testing, foundation and mining engineering.
This book will be rewarding for anyone interested in the frontier research in geomechanics and geotechnical engineering, appealing to graduate students, researchers and engineers alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-35724-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-25135-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-35724-7
- Series Print ISSN 0930-8989
- Buy this book on publisher's site