About this book
Swarm Intelligence is an innovative distributed intelligent paradigm for solving optimization problems that originally took its inspiration from the biological examples by swarming, flocking and herding phenomena in vertebrates. Data Mining is an analytic process designed to explore large amounts of data in search of consistent patterns and/or systematic relationships between variables, and then to validate the findings by applying the detected patterns to new subsets of data.
This book deals with the application of swarm intelligence in data mining. Addressing the various issues of swarm intelligence and data mining using different intelligent approaches is the novelty of this edited volume. This volume comprises of 11 chapters including an introductory chapter giving the fundamental definitions and some important research challenges.
Important features include the detailed overview of the various swarm intelligence and data mining paradigms, excellent coverage of timely, advanced data mining topics, state-of-the-art theoretical research and application developments and chapters authored by pioneers in the field. Academics, scientists as well as engineers engaged in research, development and application of optimization techniques and data mining will find the comprehensive coverage of this book invaluable.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Swarm Intelligence in Data Mining
- Series Title Studies in Computational Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-34956-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-34955-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-07117-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-34956-3
- Series ISSN 1860-949X
- Series E-ISSN 1860-9503
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 268
- Number of Illustrations 86 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
Theory of Computation
Mathematical and Computational Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site