About this book
Scientific visualization has become an important tool for visual analysis in many scientific, engineering, and medical disciplines.
This book focuses on efficient visualization techniques, which are the prerequisite for the interactive exploration of complex data sets. High performance is primarily achieved by devising algorithms for the fast graphics processing units (GPUs) of modern graphics hardware. Other aspects discussed in the book include parallelization on cluster computers with several GPUs, adaptive rendering methods, multi-resolution models, and non-photorealistic rendering techniques for visualization. Covering both the theoretical foundations and practical implementations of algorithms, this book provides the reader with a basis to understand and reproduce modern GPU-based visualization approaches.
- Book Title GPU-Based Interactive Visualization Techniques
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-33263-3
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-33262-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-44605-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-33263-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 312
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site