About this book
This book treats the Mathematics of many important areas in digital information processing.
It covers, in a unified presentation, five topics: Data Compression, Cryptography, Sampling (Signal Theory), Error Control Codes, Data Reduction. The thematic choices are practice-oriented. So, the important final part of the book deals with the Discrete Cosine Transform and the Discrete Wavelet Transform, acting in image compression. The presentation is dense, the examples and numerous exercises are concrete. The pedagogic architecture follows increasing mathematical complexity. A read-and-learn book on Concrete Mathematics, for teachers, students and practitioners in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-33219-0
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-33218-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-33219-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Buy this book on publisher's site