About this book
This book introduces the basic theoretical concepts required for the analysis of the optical response of semiconductor systems in the coherent regime. The entire presentation is based on a one-dimensional tight-binding model. Starting with discrete-level systems, increasing complexity is added gradually to the model by including band-structure and many-particle interaction. Various linear and nonlinear optical spectra and temporal phenomena are studied. The analysis of many-body effects in nonlinear optical phenomena covers a major part of the book.
Only basic knowledge of quantum mechanics is required to benefit from the results presented in this book. Therefore, it is well suited as a textbook for advanced classes, for self-study, and for researchers interested in the field of semiconductor optics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-32555-0
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-32554-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-32555-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site