About this book
Mammalian and Avian Transgenesis presents a collection of novel methods for the production of a wide range of transgenic animals. The manual focuses largely on mice, but also contains protocols for successful transgenesis in rats, cows, pigs and birds.
The manual provides detailed, step-by-step protocols covering all aspects of the production of transgenic animals, including the use of lentiviral vectors in gene transfer, intracytoplasmic sperm injection, nuclear transfer, large insert transgenesis, conditional gene expression systems, the use of reporter genes in transgenesis and transgenesis in large animals and birds. The text is supplemented by superb color photos. While the focus is on newly established techniques, the fundamental methods of transgenesis are also covered for those new to the field. Thus this manual is perfectly suited for those wishing to adopt new technologies in transgenesis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-28489-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-28415-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-28489-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors