About this book
Puu, Mathematical Location and Land Use Theory, 2nd rev. and enl. edition
Extracts from reviews to the first edition:
"This book is an excellent introduction to the theory of continuous location of economic activities in two-dimensional space based on differential equations and to their solution by vector calculus methods.
As Puu states "good science is to be easily understood. This book is, indeed, a lucid and easily readable introduction to the fundamental concepts of spatial economic theory and the differential calculus machinery of the continuous transportation model."
K. C. Mosler in "Location Science"
"This book represents an honest attempt at introducing spatial economic theory. The author does not appear to be interested in showing off his obvious mathematical skills. His intention is to summarize the accumulated knowledge in the field and present the main results in a simple manner. He does an admirable job. Of help are the high-quality graphics, the omission of semicooked ideas and messy results, and the author's extensive experience on the subject over a long period of time."
P. S. Kanaroglou in "Environment and Planning"
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-24785-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05665-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-24785-2
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9602
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking