About this book
This book presents a comprehensive review of the characteristics of bound water and its use in food processing. The significance of bound water in food is discussed in terms of quality, energy consumption and cost. Also included is a thorough discussion on the emerging and appropriate measuring techniques of bound water in food materials. The challenges involved with bound water measurement and strategies for bound water removal during processing are covered in order to establish the appropriate conditions for food preservation. This work presents researchers with a clear, up-to-date concept of bound water and its significance in food processing and preservation.
Despite the importance of bound water in food processing, there are limited resources for researchers seeking an in-depth understanding of bound water in food materials. This is the first reference work dedicated to discussing the details of bound water in food materials and its significance in food processes and preservation, from its special characteristics to its energy consumption to its measurement and techniques. State of Bound Water: Measurement and significance in food processing is a singular work in the field of food preservation and processing arena.
- Book Title State of Bound Water: Measurement and Significance in Food Processing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99888-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-99887-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-99888-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 142
- Number of Illustrations 17 b/w illustrations, 38 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site