About this book
The aim of this book is to describe Calabi's original work on Kähler immersions of Kähler manifolds into complex space forms, to provide a detailed account of what is known today on the subject and to point out some open problems.
Calabi's pioneering work, making use of the powerful tool of the diastasis function, allowed him to obtain necessary and sufficient conditions for a neighbourhood of a point to be locally Kähler immersed into a finite or infinite-dimensional complex space form. This led to a classification of (finite-dimensional) complex space forms admitting a Kähler immersion into another, and to decades of further research on the subject.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99483-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-99482-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-99483-3
- Series Print ISSN 1862-9113
- Series Online ISSN 1862-9121
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors