Table of contents
About these proceedings
This special issue collects selected contributions (excluding general lectures) to a Symposium on "Micro to MACRO Mathematical Modelling in Soil Mechanics", which took place at the University of Reggio Calabria, Italy, from May 29th to June 1st, 2018.
The Symposium provided an opportunity to enhance the scientific debate on the construction of mathematical models for the description of the physical behaviour of soils, as well as on the suggestions provided by the micro-mechanical observation of the matter. The focus was on the comparison between the appropriateness of models and the need of mathematics to obtain rigorous results, which involves know-how from applied mathematical physics, geotechnical engineering and mechanics of solids.The contributions were selected by the Editors and the other Members of the Scientific Committee of the Symposium: Gianfranco Capriz (Pisa, Roma), Claudio di Prisco (Milan), Wolfgang Ehlers (Stuttgart), James T. Jenkins (Cornell), Stefan Luding (Twente), David Muir Wood (Dundee), Kenichi Soga (Berkeley).
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Micro to MACRO Mathematical Modelling in Soil Mechanics
Paolo Maria Mariano
- Series Title Trends in Mathematics
- Series Abbreviated Title Trends in Math.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99474-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-99473-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-99474-1
- Series ISSN 2297-0215
- Series E-ISSN 2297-024X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 418
- Number of Illustrations 85 b/w illustrations, 127 illustrations in colour
Mathematical Applications in the Physical Sciences
Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics
Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Buy this book on publisher's site