About this book
This book presents an approach to postmortem human identification using dental image processing based on dental features and characteristics, and provides information on various identification systems based on dental features using image processing operations. The book also provides information on a novel human identification approach that uses Infinite Symmetric Exponential Filter (ISEF) based edge detection and contouring algorithms.
- Provides complete details on dental imaging;
- Discusses the important features of a human identification approach and presents a brief review on DICOM standard for dental imaging;
- Presents human identification approach based on dental features.
dental biometric analysis DICOM Forensic Dentistry Dental Image Processing Human Identification Postmortem Identification Teeth identification Matching of dental X-ray images X-ray imaging Forensic odontology Dental evidence Matching dental radiographs Dental contour extraction using ISEF
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99471-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-99470-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-99471-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site