About this book
Chinese companies have been increasingly active in outbound investment in recent years, with Germany the third largest destination in Europe. Adopting an analytical approach and utilizing case studies and expert interviews, this book examines Chinese mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Germany, with a focus on the companies’ business growth, particularly the integration process and subsequent growth after acquisition.
The authors contend that Chinese investors take a different approach than their western counterparts, by fostering a long-term orientation toward their investments and placing greater emphasis on co-evolution with the acquired firms rather than transfer of knowledge back to China.
This book offers readers a behind-the-scenes story of three separate M&A cases, shedding light on the growth models that ensue from mergers and acquisitions, and the endeavors of Chinese and German managers to grow the businesses together.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99405-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-99404-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-99405-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking