About this book
This book describes reliable and efficient design automation techniques for the design and implementation of an approximate computing system. The authors address the important facets of approximate computing hardware design - from formal verification and error guarantees to synthesis and test of approximation systems. They provide algorithms and methodologies based on classical formal verification, synthesis and test techniques for an approximate computing IC design flow. This is one of the first books in Approximate Computing that addresses the design automation aspects, aiming for not only sketching the possibility, but providing a comprehensive overview of different tasks and especially how they can be implemented.
- Provides a general overview of approximate computing hardware design;
- Offers a detailed explanation of the formal verification problem for approximate hardware;
- Explains in detail several algorithms for the synthesis and verification of an approximate hardware;
- Includes an overview of the post production test for approximation circuits and methodologies to potentially improve the yield of the fabrication process;
- Uses case studies and experimental results to depict the problem and usefulness of the approach.
Approximate computing Design automation for approximate computing Formal verification for approximate computing Hardware architecture for approximate computing Test strategies for approximate computing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98965-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-98964-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-98965-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site