Table of contents
About this book
This book explores how corruption is now widely recognized as a major “disease” which threatens not only economic development but also the foundations of societies. As well as examining the causes and consequences of corruption, this book also offers a deep analysis of possible cures. It discusses the solutions that have been adopted in different countries and at the international level in order to curb corruption. Previous analyses have focused mainly on the causes and consequences of corruption but by analysing the different solutions that have been adopted around the world, and the reason of their successes or failures, this book seeks to help national and international policy makers in setting an effective anti-corruption strategy.
The book will be of particular interest to researchers, students, scholars and practitioners working on corruption.
economic development anti-corruption political economy justice media education financing
- Book Title Is Corruption Curable?
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98518-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-98517-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07503-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-98518-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 354
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Macroeconomics/Monetary Economics//Financial Economics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking