Table of contents
About this book
This book comprehensively covers the topics and discussions covered at the 10th International Symposium on Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis. It is the only international meeting that exclusively covers the role of nutrition on musculoskeletal health and function. Current thinking on the role of nutrition on bone and muscle development and health, and as a means of preventing osteoporosis, falls and fractures is covered. The latest evidence on the potential roles that protein, potassium, B vitamins, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and flavonoids in the context of bone and muscle health are also discussed.
Nutritional Influences on Bone Health reviews the role of nutrition in bone health and its potential role in preventing osteoporosis and sarcopenia in ageing populations, providing a valuable and practically applicable resource for practising and trainee health and medical professionals.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98464-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-98463-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-98464-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site