About this book
This textbook addresses the special physics of many-particle systems, especially those dominated by correlation effects. It develops modern methods to treat such systems and demonstrates their application through numerous appropriate exercises, mainly from the field of solid state physics. The book is written in a tutorial style appropriate for those who want to learn many-body theory and eventually to use this to do research work in this field. The exercises, together with full solutions for evaluating one's performance, help to deepen understanding of the main aspects of many-particle systems.
This revised second edition presents new sections on the finite-temperature Matsubara formalism, in particular with respect to Dyson equation, the Hartree-Fock approximation, second order perturbation theory, spin density waves, Hubbard model, Jellium model, quasi particles, Fermi liquids and multi particle Matsubara functions.
Completing the outstanding Theoretical Physics series, this book will be a valuable resource for advanced students and researchers alike.
Textbook Nolting Textbook Theoretical Physics Textbook Many Body Physics Feynman Diagrams Green's Functions Interacting Particles Physics Many Body Physics Many Body Systems Many Particle Physics Matsubara Technique Quasiparticles Physics Second Quantization Physics Selfenergies Physics
- Book Title Theoretical Physics 9
- Book Subtitle Fundamentals of Many-body Physics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98326-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-98324-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-98326-4
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XI, 695
- Number of Illustrations 382 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Condensed Matter Physics
Mathematical Applications in the Physical Sciences
Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment