About this book
This text covers a variety of topics in representation theory and is intended for graduate students and more advanced researchers who are interested in the field.
The book begins with classical representation theory of finite groups over complex numbers and ends with results on representation theory of quivers. The text includes in particular infinite-dimensional unitary representations for abelian groups, Heisenberg groups and SL(2), and representation theory of finite-dimensional algebras. The last chapter is devoted to some applications of quivers, including Harish-Chandra modules for SL(2). Ample examples are provided and some are revisited with a different approach when new methods are introduced, leading to deeper results. Exercises are spread throughout each chapter.
Prerequisites include an advanced course in linear algebra that covers Jordan normal forms and tensor products as well as basic results on groups and rings.
- Book Title A Journey Through Representation Theory
- Book Subtitle From Finite Groups to Quivers via Algebras
- Series Title Universitext
- Series Abbreviated Title Universitext
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98271-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-98269-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-98271-7
- Series ISSN 0172-5939
- Series E-ISSN 2191-6675
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 223
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Group Theory and Generalizations
- Buy this book on publisher's site