Table of contents
About this book
This book serves as a state-of-the-art resource for physicians and translational medical researchers alike who are interested in the rapidly evolving field of fibroproliferative diseases. It provides new insight into the fundamental mechanisms of classic fibrotic pathophysiologic processes like myocardial infarction, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, chronic kidney disease, wound healing, and systemic sclerosis. It also highlights the many new areas of therapeutic investigation currently underway. Lastly, it touches upon newly emerging fields and investigates the role of fibrosis in macular degeneration and cancer metastasis.
Chapters are written by established experts in their fields, including clinicians, cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, pathologists, general practitioners, and translational biomedical researchers in a wide range of disciplines. However, the material also applies to a broader audience, including medical residents, fellows, and M.D. or Ph.D. post-doctoral research fellows. While comprehensive, this book presents the material in a manner that simplifies the complex pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie common fibroproliferative diseases while making it appealing to a broad audience.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98143-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-98142-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-98143-7
- Series Print ISSN 2197-7852
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7860
- Buy this book on publisher's site