Table of contents
About this book
The different chapters include insulin therapy through basic insulin injection therapy, external and implantable insulin pumps and the more recent approaches such as sensor augmented pumps and close-loop systems. Islet transplantation is also described through its technical aspects and clinical evaluation. Glucose measurement through blood glucose meters and continuous glucose monitoring systems are comprehensively explained. Educational tools including videogames and software dedicated to diabetes management are depicted. Lastly, Telemedicine systems devoted to data transmission, telemonitoring and decision support systems are described and their use for supporting health systems are summarized.
This book will help professionals involved in diabetes management understanding the contribution of diabetes technologies for promoting the optimization of glucose control and monitoring. This volume will be helpful in current clinical practice for diabetes management and also beneficial to students.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Diabetes Technology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98119-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-98118-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-98119-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 117
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site