About this book
The future implementation of large quantum networks will require the hybridisation of photonic qubits for communication with quantum memories in the context of information storage. Such an interface requires carefully tailored single photons to ensure compatibility with the chosen memory.The source itself is remarkable for a number of reasons, including being the spectrally narrowest and brightest source of its kind; in addition, it offers a novel technique for frequency stabilisation in an optical cavity, together with exceptional portability.
Starting with a thorough analysis of the current literature, this book derives the essential parameters needed to design the source, describes its individual components in detail, and closes with the characterisation of a single photon source.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-97154-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-97153-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-97154-4
- Series Print ISSN 2190-5053
- Series Online ISSN 2190-5061
- Buy this book on publisher's site