About this book
This text provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of anemia in the young and old. The first section of the volume features age-specific diagnostic approaches to anemia, from the perinatal period to the elderly, with a particular emphasis on age-specific epidemiology, differential diagnosis, and testing. The second section focuses on specific anemia disorders, including inherited bone marrow failure syndromes, iron deficiency anemia, renal anemia, pure red cell anemia, and anemia of inflammation and chronic disease. Each chapter in this section revolves around a specific syndrome or group of syndromes, and addresses pathophysiology, diagnostic issues, natural history/prognosis, and treatment.
Written by experts in the field, Anemia in the Young and Old: Diagnosis and Management is a valuable resource for clinicians and practitioners who treat the pediatric and elderly patient population afflicted with anemia.
congenital marrow failure syndromes congenital dyserythropoietic anemia syndromes hereditary hemolytic anemia nutritional anemia acquired pure red cell aplasia renal anemia
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Anemia in the Young and Old
- Book Subtitle Diagnosis and Management
Robert T. Means Jr.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96487-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-96486-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-96487-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 219
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 13 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site