About this book
This book covers the subject of steroid profiling for the diagnosis of disorders of steroidogenesis. Each chapter provides at least one case study for each of the listed disorders in order to illustrate the subtle and nuanced details required for the diagnosis of these conditions. General information is also given about the biology of these disorders and explanations of typical laboratory findings are provided.
This book describes the steroid profile features and its interpretation, in addition to describing the pathophysiology, clinical indications for investigation, general endocrine investigations and genetic considerations for each of the congenital and acquired conditions.
A valuable tool for day-to-day clinical and laboratory investigations of adrenal pathologies and disorders of steroidogenesis, as well as providing impetus to further study.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Disorders of Steroidogenesis
- Book Subtitle Guide to Steroid Profiling and Biochemical Diagnosis
Gary M. Woodward
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96364-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-96363-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07181-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-96364-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 197
- Number of Illustrations 40 b/w illustrations, 95 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site