About this book
This book uses electricity-sector reforms to question some of the preconceived ideas concerning the MENA region and to provide a broader analysis of related political economy issues. It presents potential further developments of MENA’s electricity-sector reforms, taking into consideration the region’s unique constraints and opportunities, and discusses the practical limits of reform and deregulation. Specifically, it examines the relationship between reforms and oil prices from a new perspective and presents alternatives to the Single Buyer Model.
Complementing existing research on electricity-sector reforms in other emerging markets, the book provides a new analytical framework for assessing reforms that can be easily applied to other markets and sectors.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96268-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-96267-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-96268-9
- Series Print ISSN 2520-1239
- Series Online ISSN 2520-1247
- Buy this book on publisher's site