Table of contents
Introduction: Higher Education at Crossroads: Between Knowledge and Commerce
Economic Factors in Contemporary Higher Education
Universities in the Middle of Globalization
What Kinds of Knowledge Makers?
Current Collaborations and Future Needs in Knowledge Making
General Conclusions: Quo Vadis, Higher Education?
About this book
This book on “Sustainable Futures of Higher Education” captures the current trends and perspectives of the Knowledge Makers from various nations of the world on meeting and greeting the challenges of globalization and the pressures of the knowledge economy. It makes a strong case for universities of tomorrow sustaining their autonomous thinking and yet nurturing an environment of collaborative partnership with society, corporate and industry to fuel innovations in plenty and continuous supply of new science and technologies. Higher Education has been and shall remain a powerful vehicle of national and global transformation. I see a great value of the publication in impacting the minds of the leaders in higher education around the globe for revitalizing the universities.
Professor P. B Sharma, President of Association of Indian Universities, AIU
Professor Tatsuya Sato, Dean of Research, Ritsumekan University
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-96035-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-96034-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-96035-7
- Series Print ISSN 2364-6780
- Series Online ISSN 2364-6799
- Buy this book on publisher's site