About this book
This book provides a comprehensive and practical guide for the safe and efficient management of patients with intrinsic brain tumors and medically intractable epilepsy. It presents in an easily understandable way the preoperative evaluation of these patients, starting from the clinical interpretation of conventional anatomical MR imaging and analyses the clinical significance of newer MR based imaging techniques such as diffusion and perfusion imaging.
It demonstrates with clarity the role of MR spectroscopy and fractional anisotropy and diffusion tensor imaging in the preoperative assessment of these patients and how this data can be incorporated into the surgical planning.
This book is aimed at neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, neurologists, and epileptologists, and may also be of interest to neuropsychologists, neurophysiologists, radiation oncologists, and medical physicists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95918-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-95917-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-95918-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site