About this book
Hackers, cyber-criminals, Dark Web users, and techno-terrorists beware! This book should make you think twice about attempting to do your dirty work in the smart cities of tomorrow.
Scores of cities around the world have begun planning what are known as “smart cities.” These new or revamped urban areas use the latest technology to make the lives of residents easier and more enjoyable.They will have automated infrastructures such as the Internet of Things, “the Cloud,” automated industrial controls, electronic money, mobile and communication satellite systems, wireless texting and networking. With all of these benefits come new forms of danger, and so these cities will need many safeguards to prevent cyber criminals from wreaking havoc.
This book explains the advantages of smart cities and how to design and operate one. Based on the practical experience of the authors in projects in the U.S. and overseas in Dubai, Malaysia, Brazil and India, it tells how such a city is planned and analyzes vital security concerns that must be addressed along the way.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95822-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Copernicus, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-95821-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-95822-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors