About this book
Most business schools use case studies in their courses. However, these are typically based on past cases and assigned to students to solve. This book describes a new approach for teaching with case studies, which was developed and applied successfully at TUM School of Management. In this approach, student teams write and solve their own case study on a topic concerning current and future businesses. A case can thus be on their own startup or a strategic decision of existing companies. During the course, the students receive intensive coaching while selecting and developing the case topic by the course advisors as well as feedback by industry experts and executives for whom the case is actually a burning question.
The authors present 17 cases covering strategic questions for startups and technology companies such as Deutsche Post, BMW, Ryanair, Lufthansa, Stadtwerke München, Fielmann, adidas, Siemens, Caribou Biosciences, eon, Airbus, Unicredit and UBS.
Case Method Executive Education Business School UNU GmbH UBS Commerzbank AG
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95555-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-95554-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-95555-1
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- Buy this book on publisher's site