About this book
This edited volume investigates the ethical and emotional challenges of conducting fieldwork in Africa. It reflects on difficulties researchers face such as objectivity, access, gender issues and information risks. Focusing across a wide range of states and themes, the project makes an original contribution and builds upon existing strengths and insights in various disciplines by presenting research-practical insights from contemporary cases of fieldwork. As such, the book is an accessible and useful guide for students and scholars alike.
Lyn Johnstone is Teaching Fellow at Royal Holloway University of London, United Kingdom.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95531-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-95530-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-95531-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site